Sunday, June 3, 2012

Heart.


I woke from the strangest dream yesterday.  I remember it being very long and convoluted but within even the first few minutes of conciousness, what had occurred started to trickle out of my mind.  I then had to rush off to work so I couldn't write it down until now...

I cannot remember the exact reason for my actions...maybe there wasn't one. All I remember is ripping open my chest and scooping out my heart. There was no ribcage to stop my fingers and I felt no pain. Then again, I don't think I've ever caused myself physical pain in a dream. Can you even do that? I don't know. Dreams are weird. I digress.

As soon as I somehow pulled away the arteries I realised what I had done. Before this I was merely curious as to what would happen. After this shock, I seemed to just wander about attempting to seek help. All my attempts were in vain...I was trapped for a while in a broken elevator and yelled up to a lady lying atop a tree who was unable to hear me, constantly aware of my lack of heartbeat.

Finally, I just placed it back inside my chest, devoid of any beat and waited for the inevitable. It was not the best nights sleep I have had. It is why I am not asleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment