Friday, June 15, 2012

The Music.



[^PLAY THIS^, and if you like it, you should have a read further down...]


So.
Exams have been a horrible mess so far. They're been difficult, draining bastards. All of them. 
They've left me so down in the dumps that all I want to do is fall into a bed of ice cream a caramel sadness. My head is so scrambled and I'm even beginning to question my compatibility to a scientist lifestyle. 
After three and a half years of hard work at university, this is a terrifying thought (and debt) to behold. 
All I can say is...

thank you music.

I know I often go on and on about music to the point of obsession but I'm not apologising for it. I used to, but not any more. If I can give even one person the gift of feeling the joy that I feel from the music I am sharing....listening to an artist you love give their heart and soul to you in musical form and having that pure moment of mutual auditory understanding...

one line making your heart twist like a vice in your chest.
the next making you smile broadly and shamelessly; 
the sort of smile you don't do in public because it makes you look borderline psychotic.
that feeling cannot be replicated by anything else.
pure musical love.

I would take a million haters mildly annoyed by my links and enthusiasm for ONE person to get to have that feeling. 

***

...that being said.

This girl has done that for me this week. Not only are  Heather Christian and the Arbornauts drumming up support and admiration from some seriously HUGE musical names (*ahem*Amanda Fucking Palmer*ahem*Sia*ahem*), but people from all around the world are falling for her beautiful music (me included).

I am no music reviewer...but you know the heart twisty thing and the maniacal grinning that I was talking about earlier? Yeah, that happens an awful lot when I listen to them.

Firstly, Heather Christian and the Arbornauts' debut album is TO DIE FOR. (see at top or the post if you're not playing already) and her kickstarter is an amazing feat of independent musicians spreading the love and celebrating the love they receive back. At the moment Heather doesn't have a piano because she had to sell her old one to make her last record. That means no new music...which is a tragedy. 

Heather hasn't yet reached her target amount on kickstarter, which means she won't get ANY of our money at the if she still hasn't by the end of the month...so please, if you even have a few dollars to spend, spend it here so she can reach her goal. I really want my pledged money to get to her and I can vouch for her awesomeness. 


Have a watch, read and listen and BACK THE KISCKSTARTER. You won't regret it, I promise you. 

Love to you all. x

No comments:

Post a Comment