Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lead Balloon.








Dear Lead Balloon,
This is your final eviction notice.
You wrapped yourself around my wrist so many years ago and pulled me down. I cannot remember a time when it didn't feel as though I was falling.
Your string found its way down my arm and into my chest. You tug and strangle my heartstrings, cutting off my love affairs with a single motion, leaving me alone, bruised and hurting.
You moved through my arteries and lodged yourself in my brain. You've lived there ever since, leaving dirty dishes in my cerebellum and whispering doubtful nothings in my auditory canal.
I was not aware of you for years. I thought the clutter and the doubt was my own but I am old enough to know better now. I need you to let me let you go.




No comments:

Post a Comment